What is cellulosic ethanol?
How do enzymes help?
Cellulosic ethanol: An important part of the future energy mix
The latest IEA World Energy Outlook forecasts a significant increase in cellulosic ethanol production over the next five years. IEA predicts conventional biofuel production will increase by more than 16% from 2016 levels to reach 159 billion liters by 2022, while production of advanced biofuels such as cellulosic ethanol is expected to increase sevenfold by 2022.
With Novozymes Cellic?, you can optimize your pretreatment, hydrolysis and fermentation processes and secure the lowest total cost of producing cellulosic ethanol for your plant.
- Reduction in total ethanol fuel production costs
- Great process and substrate versatility
- Increase in biomass-to-sugar conversion
- Decrease in enzyme dosing
- Increase in total solids loading
- Reduction in hydrolysis time
- Reduction in severity of pre-treatment